Greetings WELV sisters! Although I can hardly believe that the 2022-23 academic year is already here, I AM EXCITED!! As you will see in the attached newsletter, WELV has been busy this summer fine tuning systems and processes to better meet your needs. I can confidently say, great things are in store, so stay tuned!
I recently had a conversation that triggered this thought: leadership is not reserved for people who have a title or position; we all have the opportunity to lead from where we are. So, where are you? Where do you want to go? Are you on your way? Leadership is a journey with many turns, hills, potholes, flat tires, etc. However, once we reach our destination, it is well worth the trip!! I wonder if you will join me (where applicable) in making a few commitments for this next leg of your leadership journey:
- Stop apologizing for situations over which you have no control.
- Remember, your voice matters. Use it!
- Seek and give knowledge and/or support. If you want to grow your leadHERship presence, it is beneficial to work with a respected mentor. If you are interested in learning more about the WELV Mentoring program, click here. We also have a WELV Book Club. For more information, click here.
- Don’t work yourself to death! Here’s a secret, we really don’t have to work 14-16 hours a day to prove ourselves qualified for the role!!
- Be cool, calm and have your stuff together! Ladies, walk into any room KNOWING THAT YOU ARE AN ASSET TO THE ORGANIZATION! Be confident in your leadHERship and others will have confidence in you.
I, like you, learn something new about leadership every single day. My hope for you is that this will be your best year yet!! Please feel free to reach out if I can assist you in any way!
Dr. Taneshia Rachal